Buttermilk Mac 'n' Cheese
"Once you tast this version of an all-time favorite comfort food, you may never make the regular kind again," notes Donna Fancher from Lawrence, Indiana. "It's my most-requested recipe."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3-1/4 cups (13 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the cheese, buttermilk,
- butter and salt. Add macaroni; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle
- comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 307 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.