Buttermilk Lemon Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 344 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Lemon Pie
"Absolutely delicious. The buttermilk taste isn't obvious. The pie is sweet and tangy and easy to make."
"My husband enjoys both the taste and texture of this refreshing and creamy pie"
"Yummy! It is rich and delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.