Buttermilk Fruit Topping Recipe
Instant vanilla pudding mix is the key to this creamy, low-fat fruit topping from Cathy Adams of Parkersburg, West Virginia. It's delicious served over slices of angel food cake, too.
- 1-1/2 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh fruit
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Chill for 1 hour. Serve over fruit. Yield: about 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Buttermilk Fruit Topping in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p17
Reviews for Buttermilk Fruit Topping(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2010
This is soooo good. Easy to prepare for a light dessert of fruit, but really excellent over angel food cake. I have made it many times for company!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fruit Topping >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >