Buttermilk Dill Bread
This no-fuss bread machine recipe turns out a light golden loaf with a mild herb flavor. It's a favorite of field editor Billie Moss, El Sobrante, California.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1-1/4 cups warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1-1/2 pounds (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 104 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.