Buttermilk Dill Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1-1/2 pounds (16 slices).
1 slice: 104 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Buttermilk Dill Bread
"It was very sour tasting"
"I made bread yesterday. Didn't turn out well, but think it my fault. I will try again. I thought the bread did not have near the taste of dill I hoped for."
"I have made this a few times now and it is great."