Buttermilk Dill Bread Recipe
This no-fuss bread machine recipe turns out a light golden loaf with a mild herb flavor. It's a favorite of field editor Billie Moss, El Sobrante, California.
- 1-1/4 cups warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1-1/2 pounds (16 slices).
One slice equals 104 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC