This no-fuss bread machine recipe turns out a light golden loaf with a mild herb flavor. It's a favorite of field editor Billie Moss, El Sobrante, California.
- 1-1/4 cups warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1-1/2 pounds (16 slices).
Originally published as Buttermilk Dill Bread in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p44
Reviews for Buttermilk Dill Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2013
"It was very sour tasting"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2013
"I made bread yesterday. Didn't turn out well, but think it my fault. I will try again. I thought the bread did not have near the taste of dill I hoped for."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010
"I have made this a few times now and it is great."