Buttermilk Corn Bread
This tender cornbread couldn't be easier to make, and it's a delicious side for just about anything. Patricia Swart - Bridgeton, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk
- and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.