Buttermilk Corn Bread
The tattered recipe card for this corn bread proves it's been a family favorite to years. Although my daughter enjoys it anytime, they mostly request it at Thanksgiving.
8-9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugars, baking soda and
- salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in.
- round or square baking pan (pan will be full).
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve
- warm. Yield: 8-9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 390 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.