Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe
Of all the things I make for breakfast, this gets eaten the fastest. That's all right with me because it's also the easiest to prepare! Serve this tasty treat with fresh fruit, juice and coffee for a complete meal.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugars, oil and salt; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. To remaining flour mixture, add egg, buttermilk and baking soda; mix well. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. To reserved flour mixture add all topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 226 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC