Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugars, oil and salt; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. To remaining flour mixture, add egg, buttermilk and baking soda; mix well. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- To reserved flour mixture add all topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Coffee Cake(3)
Sort By :
My family loves this coffee cake! Now that our children are grown, I usually bake it in 2 pans: a 13x9-inch and an 8x8-inch pan. That way my husband and I can enjoy one now and freeze the other for later (or when company drops in unexpectedly)!
This cake had a very nice taste, but it just wasn't what I was looking for in a coffee cake. Just not for me.
This coffee cake turned out great! We really enjoyed the nutmeg in the topping. It makes a large cake, so it's a great recipe for a large family or for taking to a potluck.