Buttermilk Coconut Bread Recipe
A tropical aroma fills the kitchen whenever I bake this irresistible quick bread. The coconut topping adds a touch of visual flair, and mouthwatering flavor to every bite of this tender loaf. —Cindy Steffen, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add 2 cups coconut and mix well. Combine the egg, buttermilk, butter and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut; press lightly into batter. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Coconut Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p156
Reviews for Buttermilk Coconut Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review