Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add buttermilk and eggs; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill two greased 8-in. x 4-in. or five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans about a third full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar. Swirl batter with a knife. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves or 5 mini loaves.
1 slice: 160 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread
"This is so moist and delicious! Walnuts not required. Great with whole wheat flour."
"my whole family loves it when i make this."
"We enjoyed this bread warm from the oven! Don't know how it would taste the next day -- ours was gone and gave the second loaf the the neighbor. A keeper!"
"My 22 year old son loved this bread! He thought it tasted like fresh cinnamon doughnuts. So much easier to make than fresh doughnuts! I'll be making this recipe again and again!"
"This bread is addictively good. However, I did change it a little. Instead of using oil I used cinnamon applesauce, so yummy!"
"The mini loaves are perfect for two. I freeze the rest and grab what I need when we camp."