Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread
"Cinnamon swirled through the batter gives this bread its pretty pattern", informs Aloma Robinson from Clarkston, Michigan. "It looks so fancy yet is very simple. It freezes well, too."
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a small
- bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add buttermilk and eggs; mix
- well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill two
- greased 8-in. x 4-in. or five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf
- pans about a third full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar;
- sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter and
- cinnamon-sugar. Swirl batter with a knife. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before
- removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves or 5 mini loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 160 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium,