Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread Recipe
"Cinnamon swirled through the batter gives this bread its pretty pattern", informs Aloma Robinson from Clarkston, Michigan. "It looks so fancy yet is very simple. It freezes well, too."
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add buttermilk and eggs; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill two greased 8-in. x 4-in. or five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans about a third full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar. Swirl batter with a knife. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves or 5 mini loaves.
Originally published as Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p19
Reviews for Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review