- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add buttermilk and eggs; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill two greased 8-in. x 4-in. or five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans about a third full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar. Swirl batter with a knife. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves or 5 mini loaves.
Reviews for Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread
Sort By :
This is so moist and delicious! Walnuts not required. Great with whole wheat flour.
my whole family loves it when i make this.
We enjoyed this bread warm from the oven! Don't know how it would taste the next day -- ours was gone and gave the second loaf the the neighbor. A keeper!