Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
"At our house, Saturday morning always means pancakes for breakfast," pens Julianne Johnson from Grove City, Minnesota. She makes the menu special by servings up stacks of these fluffy buttermilk treats studded with mini chips.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
- Sprinkle each pancake with 2 teaspoon chocolate chips. Turn when bubbles for on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Pancakes in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p47
Reviews for Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2013
A very runny batter. Makes a TON of thin pancakes. Delicious!