- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, orange peel and salt; add to
- buttermilk mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots, coconut, nuts and
- pineapple. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking
- pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes
- out clean. Place pans on wire racks.
- In a saucepan, combine the first five glaze ingredients. bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; add
- vanilla. Spread over warm cakes. Cool completely before removing
- from pans.
- In a bowl, combine the first five frosting ingredients; beat until
- fluffy. Beat in sugar. Place one cake glaze side up on a serving
- plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Frost top and
- sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 835 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 108 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.