Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
Sort By :
top score with a slight alteration ;)
I really enjoyed these pancakes. Like eating very rich spice cake for breakfast, only better for you. I served them with ham and eggs and maple syrup.
I didn't like the brown sugar and spices in this. I like to taste the buckwheat. I use a little molasses to sweeten and like it best with yeast.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >