Buttermilk Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basil bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
One slice equals 99 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Buttermilk Bread
"How long would I knead this dough and at what temperature and how long would it bake? Sound like a good one to me. grammaberr"
"In the directions for Buttermilk bread, do you think you meant to type "Select basic bread setting" instead of basil bread setting? Might be a novice out there that can't make the recipe because they don't have this unusual setting."