Buttermilk Bread Recipe
"This bread reminds me of sourdough without the trouble of having to prepare and replenish the starter," says Nita Anderson of Florence, Alabama. "Buttermilk gives a light tartness to the chewy loaf. It's a great all-purpose bread."
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basil bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
One slice equals 99 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Buttermilk Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC