Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche Recipe
“This is simple and incredibly tasty. It always gets two thumbs up!” Caribbean flavors shine in this homey recipe. Serve with coffee, and you might even try it for breakfast! Janice Elder - Charlotte, NC
- 8 cups cubed day-old French bread, crusts removed
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- 1. Place bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, cream of coconut, coconut, preserves, sugar and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream, sour cream, caramel topping and rum until soft peaks form. Serve with warm or cooled bread pudding. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 15 servings (2 cups cream).
1 each: 380 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2010
"I would leave out the rum. It was very good."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC