Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche Recipe
- 8 cups cubed day-old French bread, crusts removed
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- 1. Place bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, cream of coconut, coconut, preserves, sugar and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream, sour cream, caramel topping and rum until soft peaks form. Serve with warm or cooled bread pudding. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 15 servings (2 cups cream).
1 serving (calculated without additional coconut) equals 380 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche
"I would leave out the rum. It was very good."