Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche Recipe
- 8 cups cubed day-old French bread, crusts removed
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- Place bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, cream of coconut, coconut, preserves, sugar and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, sour cream, caramel topping and rum until soft peaks form. Serve with warm or cooled bread pudding. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 15 servings (2 cups cream).
Originally published as Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p52
Reviews for Buttermilk Bread Pudding with Caramel Creme Fraiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2010
"I would leave out the rum. It was very good."