Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes
Here's the classic blueberry pancake light as a feather and bursting with flavor!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Butter, optional
- Syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and
- baking powder. Combine the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle 1
- tablespoon blueberries on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on
- top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with butter
- and syrup if desired.
- Yield: 12 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 377 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium,