Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins Recipe
These pretty golden muffins are moist, flavorful and include very little fat. Jean Howard of Hopkinton, Massachusetts shares the recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and buttermilk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 145 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC