Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and buttermilk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin: 145 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch
Reviews for Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
"I too was very disappointed with this recipe. I wonder also if eggs were omitted from it. The muffins are a very strange texture, unedible. Just sorry that the above comment was not submitted before I printed off the recipe!! Would have saved jme from a baking disaster."
"When I tried these muffins, I noticed the recipe didn't mention anything about folding in the berries so I also wondered if eggs were left out or the recipe really didn't call for eggs. They were very coarse textured, nothing I'd make again."