Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins Recipe
These pretty golden muffins are moist, flavorful and include very little fat. Jean Howard of Hopkinton, Massachusetts shares the recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries. Combine yogurt and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
One serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC