Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
These pretty golden muffins are moist, flavorful and include very little fat. Jean Howard of Hopkinton, Massachusetts shares the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gently fold in
- blueberries. Combine yogurt and buttermilk; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.