- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries. Combine yogurt and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins(3)
Sort By :
I too was very disappointed with this recipe. I wonder also if eggs were omitted from it. The muffins are a very strange texture, unedible. Just sorry that the above comment was not submitted before I printed off the recipe!! Would have saved jme from a baking disaster.
When I tried these muffins, I noticed the recipe didn't mention anything about folding in the berries so I also wondered if eggs were left out or the recipe really didn't call for eggs. They were very coarse textured, nothing I'd make again.