My mother-in-law gave me this recipe over 30 years ago. It’s a delicious salad dressing, but we also like it as a dip with corn chips.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Torn mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in enough buttermilk to achieve desired consistency. Stir in blue cheese. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve with salad greens. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing in Country Extra May 2006, p49
Reviews for Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review