Buttermilk Biscuit Rolls
In Camarillo, California, buttermilk is the key to Bonita Coleman's tender, fluffy biscuits. Your family will devour them fresh from the oven or topped with creamy butter or a favorite jam.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the
- shortening until crumbly. Stir in the buttermilk just until
- moistened. Knead on a floured surface for 1 minute. Roll out to
- 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.