In Hartland, Minnesota, Katie Koziolek stirs up a big batch of this versatile biscuit mix to use in dozens of recipes, including the six she shares here. "This mix is easy to make, handy to use and save money," she promises.
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Buttermilk Biscuit Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes: Bacon 'N' Egg Biscuits, Quick Chicken Pie, Creamy Cheesecake Squares, Beef Pinwheels with Gravy, Cheese Pizza and Pigs in Biscuits. Yield: about 13-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Buttermilk Biscuit Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p42
Reviews for Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review