Buttermilk Biscuit Mix Recipe
- 8 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Buttermilk Biscuit Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also found in Recipe Finder): Bacon 'N' Egg Biscuits, Quick Chicken Pie, Cheesecake Squares, Beef Pinwheels with Gravy, Cheese Pizza and Pigs in Biscuits. Yield: about 13-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Buttermilk Biscuit Mix(3)
Sort By :
I never buy Bisquick anymore. I always keep this mixed up and in my freezer. I never buy pancake mix either. Everyone says I make the best pancakes. Well, this is my secret
Good to have on hand.
I have made this three times so far and it is unbelievable easy in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. The mix is extremely versatile to use.