Buttermilk Berry Fritters
Your family's mouths will start watering when they dream about the crispy outside and soft inside of these fantastic fritters. They're definitely worth waking up for!Janice Moore, East Palatka, Florida
42 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla; add to dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until
- golden brown, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fritter (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.