Buttermilk Basil Salad Dressing
My husband can't eat greasy or spicy foods, and non of us like mayonnaise, so I created this creamy dressing we all enjoy. It gets its pleasant flavor from fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Nancy Johnston of San Dimas, California
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Torn mixed salad greens
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk and sour cream. Stir in cheese, basil,
- onion salt and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve over salad greens. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dressing) equals 35 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.