- in the eggs, bananas and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Combine the
- flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine the sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan.
- Stir in half-and-half until smooth; add butter. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla and pecans. Cool. Spread between cake layers.
- In a chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, a tablespoon at a time,
- until stiff peaks form. Spread over top and sides of cake. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 424 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.