Buttermilk Baked Chicken Recipe
This tops the list of family requests for dinner. The chicken is moist, flavorful and nicely browned. I alternate using bone-in chicken breasts or skinned and boned breasts.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-2/3 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. Pour butter into two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Pour 2 cups buttermilk into a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt, pepper and Creole seasoning. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Place bone side up in prepared pans.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn; bake 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine the soup and remaining buttermilk; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Baked Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC