Buttermilk Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-2/3 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Pour butter into two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Pour 2 cups buttermilk into a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt, pepper and Creole seasoning. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Place bone side up in prepared pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn; bake 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine the soup and remaining buttermilk; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttermilk Baked Chicken(9)
Sort By :
Very yummy but a pain in the neck to bake. I think it had too much butter? It was spattering all over sending my fire alarm off twice. Had to change pans 4 times ended up baking it for about an hour and turning on the broiler to get it crispy. I consider myself an ok cook but I don't know where i went wrong. I did use legs and thighs but don't think this would make such a difference. My poor kids ended up eating just the corn and mac and cheese i had for side dishes because it took so long. I will prob. try it again..not sure. The taste IS really good.
easy to put together, plus delicious!
When I sent this recipe in I stated to bake this in garlic oil and use fresh buttermilk -- if you do I promise it makes ALL the difference! Thank you TOH for putting this in your books, Linda.
Not much of a cook but it worked well! Alot less work than actual fried chicken and very tasty. I also tried the powder buttermilk but I think next time I will use the liquid, less messy and I will find actual creole seasoning just for curiousity sake. Thanks for sharing! SAO