This tops the list of family requests for dinner. The chicken is moist, flavorful and nicely browned. I alternate using bone-in chicken breasts or skinned and boned breasts.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-2/3 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Pour butter into two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Pour 2 cups buttermilk into a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt, pepper and Creole seasoning. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Place bone side up in prepared pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn; bake 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine the soup and remaining buttermilk; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buttermilk Baked Chicken in Reminisce March/April 2005, p48
Reviews for Buttermilk Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review