This recipe is an unusual but delicious way to use cottage cheese. Friends of ours make these every year for a party that follows our fall cattle drive. They are so delicious they're always the first food to disappear.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and cheese until blended; Combine flour and salt; gradually add to cheese mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Combine the frosting ingredients. Spread over warm rolls. Cool completely; store in covered containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC