Butterfly-Shaped Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 18 slices white bread
- 18 fresh baby carrots
- 36 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inch long)
- 36 carrot strips (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. Place chicken in a large skillet; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Drain and cool.
- 2. Shred chicken; place in a bowl. Add onions, carrot and cheese. combine the salad dressing mix and mayonnaise; add to the chicken mixture. Spread over half of the bread slices; top with remaining bread. Diagonally cut each sandwich in half, creating four triangles.
- 3. To form wings, arrange two triangles with points toward each other and crust facing out. For each butterfly body, place one baby carrot between triangles; insert two chives into filling for antennae. Place one carrot strip in the center of each triangle. Place olive slices on wings. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 360 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1060mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Butterfly-Shaped Chicken Sandwiches
"I did not make these as butterflies, but I will if I ever need the cuteness factor. I was actually just looking for a different chicken salad recipe and this one was great. Very tasty!"
"This one was absolutely delicious and very fun for my kids! I saved time with the chicken by buying them in canned. This one is a keeper! Thanks for the recipe!"