- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 18 slices white bread
- 18 fresh baby carrots
- 36 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inch long)
- 36 carrot strips (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Place chicken in a large skillet; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Drain and cool.
- Shred chicken; place in a bowl. Add onions, carrot and cheese. combine the salad dressing mix and mayonnaise; add to the chicken mixture. Spread over half of the bread slices; top with remaining bread. Diagonally cut each sandwich in half, creating four triangles.
- To form wings, arrange two triangles with points toward each other and crust facing out. For each butterfly body, place one baby carrot between triangles; insert two chives into filling for antennae. Place one carrot strip in the center of each triangle. Place olive slices on wings. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Butterfly Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p13
Reviews for Butterfly-Shaped Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
"This one was absolutely delicious and very fun for my kids! I saved time with the chicken by buying them in canned. This one is a keeper! Thanks for the recipe!"