Butterfly-Shaped Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 18 slices white bread
- 18 fresh baby carrots
- 36 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inch long)
- 36 carrot strips (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Place chicken in a large skillet; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Drain and cool.
- Shred chicken; place in a bowl. Add onions, carrot and cheese. combine the salad dressing mix and mayonnaise; add to the chicken mixture. Spread over half of the bread slices; top with remaining bread. Diagonally cut each sandwich in half, creating four triangles.
- To form wings, arrange two triangles with points toward each other and crust facing out. For each butterfly body, place one baby carrot between triangles; insert two chives into filling for antennae. Place one carrot strip in the center of each triangle. Place olive slices on wings. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Butterfly-Shaped Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
I did not make these as butterflies, but I will if I ever need the cuteness factor. I was actually just looking for a different chicken salad recipe and this one was great. Very tasty!
This one was absolutely delicious and very fun for my kids! I saved time with the chicken by buying them in canned. This one is a keeper! Thanks for the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >