- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into twenty-four 3-3/4-in. logs, forty eight
- 1-in. balls and forty-eight 1-1/2-in. balls. To form butterflies,
- place logs 5 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a sharp
- knife, cut a 1/2-in. slit on one end of log; separate cut ends,
- forming antennae. Place two small balls on each side of cut end;
- place a large ball below each small ball so they touch.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat egg and water; brush over butterflies; bodies. Sprinkle with
- poppy seeds if desired. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.