Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the
- dry ingredients just until moistened.
- To form each butterfly wing, pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto a
- lightly greased hot griddle. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter below and
- touching the larger one. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes;
- cook until second side is golden brown.
- To assemble, place two wings on a serving plate, forming a butterfly.
- Top with fruit. Yield: 5 butterfly pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.