Butterfly Pancakes Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. To form each butterfly wing, pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter below and touching the larger one. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. To assemble, place two wings on a serving plate, forming a butterfly. Top with fruit. Yield: 5 butterfly pancakes.
1 each: 164 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Butterfly Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC