- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- To form each butterfly wing, pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter below and touching the larger one. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
- To assemble, place two wings on a serving plate, forming a butterfly. Top with fruit. Yield: 5 butterfly pancakes.
Originally published as Butterfly Pancakes in Country Woman January/February 2003, p39
Reviews for Butterfly Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review