Butterfly Cupcakes Recipe
Just in time for May 11 this year come these delicate butterfly confections from Sayreville, New Jersey subscriber Adeline Piscitelle. "They aren't difficult at all to shape," she assure. "They've been a favorite in our family for years. Now, I make them for my grandchildren."
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 40 pieces red and/or black shoestring licorice (2 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour to cream mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Cut off the top fourth of each cupcake; cut the slices in half. Spoon 1 tablespoon pie filling onto each cupcake. Place two halves upside down on top of filling for wings. Insert two pieces of licorice for antennae. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
1 each: 222 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Butterfly Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC