Butterfly Cheese Sandwiches
I used a cookie cutter to shape these sandwiches, then decorated them using olives and piped cream cheese.Lenore Walters, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 slices white bread
- 12 slices American cheese
- 22 pitted ripe olives
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, garlic powder and onion
- powder until smooth; set side 1/4 cup. Spread 1 tablespoon of the
- remaining cream cheese mixture over each slice of bread. Top each
- with a cheese slice. Cut out each sandwich with a butterfly-shaped
- cookie cutter.
- Cut 12 olives in half lengthwise; place two halves, cut side down, in
- the center of each sandwich for butterfly body. Cut remaining whole
- olives into slices; place two on each wing. Set olive ends aside.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- small start tip. Fill bag with reserved cream cheese mixture. Pipe
- star on each olive slice; pipe two stars on front of each butterfly
- body for eyes. Cut olive ends into small pieces; place on eyes.
- Yield: 1 dozen.