- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 slices white bread
- 12 slices American cheese
- 22 pitted ripe olives
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, garlic powder and onion powder until smooth; set side 1/4 cup. Spread 1 tablespoon of the remaining cream cheese mixture over each slice of bread. Top each with a cheese slice. Cut out each sandwich with a butterfly-shaped cookie cutter.
- Cut 12 olives in half lengthwise; place two halves, cut side down, in the center of each sandwich for butterfly body. Cut remaining whole olives into slices; place two on each wing. Set olive ends aside.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a small start tip. Fill bag with reserved cream cheese mixture. Pipe star on each olive slice; pipe two stars on front of each butterfly body for eyes. Cut olive ends into small pieces; place on eyes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Butterfly Cheese Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p14
Reviews for Butterfly Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review