Butterfluff Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the buttermilk, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, baking soda and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Divide into 18 pieces. Roll each into a 9-in. rope; coil the ends of each rope toward center in opposite directions to form an S shape. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 155 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Butterfluff Rolls
"This recipe was very easy to make. With only one rise time, this recipe is great if time is an issue. The finished product is a little heavier than others I have made, but the family was happy, and that's what counts.Christina RicheyRio Rancho, New Mexico"