Butterfluff Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the buttermilk, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, baking soda and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Divide into 18 pieces. Roll each into a 9-in. rope; coil the ends of each rope toward center in opposite directions to form an S shape. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterfluff Rolls(1)
Sort By :
This recipe was very easy to make. With only one rise time, this recipe is great if time is an issue. The finished product is a little heavier than others I have made, but the family was happy, and that's what counts.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico