VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallots, basil, fennel seed and pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add spinach; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and lemon juice.
- Arrange shrimp on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon 1 tablespoon spinach mixture over each shrimp; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterflied Shrimp Rockefeller in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p41