Butterflied Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 2 butterflied pork chops (3/4 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup apple juice or cider, divided
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter; drain. Remove from skillet and keep warm. In same skillet, combine 3/4 cup apple juice, sage, salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes and green onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; add apple rings and pork chops. Cover and simmer for 13-15 minutes or until apple rings and sweet potatoes are tender and meat is no longer pink.
- 3. With a slotted spoon, remove the pork chops, sweet potatoes and apple to serving plates; keep warm.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops, sweet potatoes and apple. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 421 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 991mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Butterflied Pork Chop Dinner
"I made this the other night. I used the apple cider instead of the apple juice & it was so strong & potent. No one could eat it. I made the sauce with apple juice though & it was so delicous & sweet. I might try this recipe again but just use the juice instead."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer