The sliced apple and sweet potatoes that complement these tender pork chops remind me of a crisp fall day, but I enjoy this hearty main dish any time of year, served with salad and dinner rolls. -Angela Leinenbach Mechanicsville, Virginia
- 2 butterflied pork chops (3/4 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup apple juice or cider, divided
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter; drain. Remove from skillet and keep warm. In same skillet, combine 3/4 cup apple juice, sage, salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes and green onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; add apple rings and pork chops. Cover and simmer for 13-15 minutes or until apple rings and sweet potatoes are tender and meat is no longer pink.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the pork chops, sweet potatoes and apple to serving plates; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops, sweet potatoes and apple. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Butterflied Pork Chop Dinner in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Butterflied Pork Chop Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review