These great cookies don't last long—make a double batch! —Carol Kitchens, Ridgeland, Mississippi
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Butterfinger Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p67
Reviews for Butterfinger Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review