Carol Kitchens of Ridgeland, Mississippi cautions, "These great cookies don't last long - make a double batch!"
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg whites. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in
- candy bars.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.