- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butterfinger Cookies
"I reduced the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and didnt use a full bag of crushed butterfingers (found in bakery aisle by chocolate chips) Wasnt so sweet that way and I think made it a better cookie. I also used parchment paper and they didnt spread and were nice and chewy. Note: they harden after cooling so dont overbake. Mine were done in 12 mins. I also used a cookie scoop and they were perfect shapes and all were even that way. Alot easier than dropping from tbsp too!"
"Excellent cookie. I cut the white sugar by 2tablespoons as suggested. I used one whole egg instead of two egg whites. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet. I also added 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts since i used creamy peanut butter. I cut the peanut butter to 1 cup."
"No adjustments needed these cookies are wonderful!"
"Really good but almost overwhelmingly sweet-- this would be great without the butterfinger bars as a peanut butter cookie...."