- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butterfinger Cookies
"Excellent cookie. I cut the white sugar by 2tablespoons as suggested. I used one whole egg instead of two egg whites. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet. I also added 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts since i used creamy peanut butter. I cut the peanut butter to 1 cup."
"No adjustments needed these cookies are wonderful!"
"Really good but almost overwhelmingly sweet-- this would be great without the butterfinger bars as a peanut butter cookie...."
"Delicious! Used creamy peanut butter and they were chewy and crunchy. Definitely recommend."
"Best "peanut butter" cookie I've had! My husband loves Butterfingers and he really liked it as well."