Butterfinger Cookie Bars Recipe
My boys went through a phase where they loved Butterfingers. We made Butterfinger shakes, muffins, cookies and experimented with different bars; this one was voted the best of the bunch. Make sure you have an extra candy bar on hand because it’s hard to resist a nibble or two while you’re chopping. —Barbara Leighty, Simi Valley, California
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, divided use
- 6 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), divided
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, pudding mix and cocoa. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil, butter and 1 egg until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Press half of the mixture into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, chop two candy bars. Stir peanut butter, vanilla and remaining egg into remaining cake mix mixture. Fold in chopped bars and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 3. Chop three additional candy bars; sprinkle over warm crust and press down gently. Cover with cake mix mixture; press down firmly with a metal spatula. Crush remaining candy bar; sprinkle crushed bar and remaining chocolate chips over top.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 305 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Butterfinger Cookie Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC