Butterfinger Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1 package dark chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 6 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), divided
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, pudding mix and cocoa. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil, butter and 1 egg until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Press half of the mixture into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop two candy bars. Stir peanut butter, vanilla and remaining egg into remaining cake mix mixture. Fold in chopped bars and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Chop three additional candy bars; sprinkle over warm crust and press down gently. Cover with cake mix mixture; press down firmly with a metal spatula. Crush remaining candy bar; sprinkle crushed bar and remaining chocolate chips over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Butterfinger Cookie Bars(7)
Sort By :
We don't have Butterfinger bars in Canada, can you suggest a substitute?
Next time I would leave out the extra flour. Not sure it really needs this addition.
Very dry.took much longer than 20 min to prepare.
Not sure I consider these "simple" but they were very good. Adult son really liked. Fairly expensive, but moist and good.
Disappointing and expensive to make. Really expected better with all the work and ingredients.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Bars >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chocolate Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- View All Simple Recipes >