Butterfinger Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), frozen and chopped
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar (2.1 ounces), frozen and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chopped candy bars. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bar over cheesecake; drizzle with butterscotch topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Butterfinger Cheesecake(4)
Sort By :
Mine turned out a little undercooked in the center but still very good. I'm not a big fan of the chocolate wafer cookie crust though. The butterfinger flavor seemed great to me, and I loved the butterscotch on top!
I made this cheesecake for Christmas and it went over very well. I did add 4 butterfingers to the batter and left off the butterscotch topping. Overall, a very good recipe.
OK SO I MADE IT 2 MORE TIMES SINCE MY LAST REVIEW AND DOUBLED THE AMOUNT OF BUTTERFINGER FROM 3 TO 6 INSIDE AND IT WAS PERFECT AND EVERYBIT AS GOOD AS I WANTED IT TO BE! =)
AFTER MAKING A FEW OTHER OF THE CHEESECAKES, I REALLY THOUGHT THIS ONE WOULD BE MY FAVORITE. I FOUND THAT THE RECIPE ITSELF WAS GREAT! THE ONLY THING I HAD AN ISSUE WITH WAS WHEN IT WAS FINISHED THE BUTTERFINGER FLAVOR JUST WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH, ALMOST NON-EXISTANT. TODAY I AM GOING TO ATTEMP THIS CHEESECAKE AGAIN, HOWEVER I AM GOING TO DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF BUTTERFINGER INSIDE OF THE CHEESECAKE.